Monday, 3 July 2017

Collage card with hand painted paper...


This was yet another acrylic painting that overall I was not happy with, but rather than bin it I decided to cut it up and kinda collage the pieces to emphasise the bits I did like.

I do like the colours of red, coral and gold with swooshes of white brushed over the top for a bit of movement.

collage 2 
    The lovely stamp is an old Anna Griffin stamp which I think has quite an ethnic look and so I stamped it in fab Martha Stewart Pale Bronze acrylic paint. I actually prefer stamping with acrylic paint now rather than ink pads, and use both my clear and rubber stamps with acrylic paint. It was only until recently that I would never have done this, but I keep a bowl of cold water on my desk and I put the stamps straight into the bowl of water before the paint dries, and then use a stiff brush to wash off the paint. As a result all my stamps are still in perfect condition.

collage 1 
It just so happened that I had some irridescent tulle fabric in the same colours I had used in my painting, so I just ripped some off and tied it as ribbon to finish my card. The sentiment is by Stampin Up.

collage 5

I think this is the first time I have created a collage card. I wasn't sure about it at first but it has grown on me the more I look at it, and it is a great way of using up card that would otherwise probably not have gotten used.

 Hope to be back with more soon x

1 comment:

Shauna Todd said...

How pretty! Love the color!